Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thick as a Laptop!

Here is is, folks. A thing of beauty- the Competencies Portfolio portion of my Religious Educator Credentialing. Here are 12 competency areas: Administration, AntiRacism/AntiOppression/Multiculturalism, Conflict Management, Human and Faith Development, Jewish and Christian Heritage, Philosophy of Religious Education, Right Relations/Professional Ethics, Stewardship, Unitarian Universalist History and Polity, Volunteer Management, Worship and Youth. I printed it out in order to edit one more time, because I think it is easier to see punctuation mistakes on paper.

I was really surprised to feel the heft of this document.  I showed it to a few people who were agog at how big it is.  I smiled. I got the same feeling I used to get when people commented on how big my babies were. Proud Mama.

This stack of paper represents the last 5 years of my life: studying, training, talking, typing and celebrating. In it are countless meetings, smiles, small hands held, chalice flames lit, fumbles made, announcements written. It has been a busy, wild ride.  Thank you.

I am so grateful to this congregation for giving me the opportunity to grow with you.  This credentialing process has shown me how much I have changed over the process.

So, I have now sent the electronic copy off to 25 Beacon St- the UUA Office- where a member of the Credentialing Committee will read it and think of questions to ask me at my interview in Boston on April 21st.

Whoopie!

No comments:

Post a Comment