Wednesday, June 22, 2011

When I Close My Eyes- I See Banners!

It has been a big day and boy am I tired, but it has been SO worth it!

We began with LREDA Professional Day, a Good Officer training, lunch with a beloved colleague and an afternoon of reports from and discussion on the RE Education Futures Committee Report and the Strategic Plan for Professional Ministry.
I then attended the UU Ministers Association Barry Street lecture on Professional Conduct.

Then a quick dinner before heading into opening ceremonies.

So I watched the opening ceremony online last year and I thought I knew what to expect, but nothing prepared me for being in a huge room with thousands of jazzed up Unitarian Universalists spilling over with joy and spirit, parading with banners of their congregations, singing, clapping and SMILING! Picture hundreds of beautiful banners being held proudly.  Or watch it here
Friends, I am not afraid to say I was moved to tears.
I do wish there was a Channing Memorial Presence to wave a banner of our congregation, so instead I am showing a banner that represents us all- the UU Ministry for Earth!
And the singing!  Thousands of voices - joyous voices- raised in song.  Just what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am glad it was what the doctor ordered. I hope you get some down time as well. Kim

    ReplyDelete